Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

Chrome annoying download message

This is a discussion on Chrome annoying download message within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Since my last couple of Chrome updates, every time I download a file, it comes up with something like "This

Old 10-23-2016, 08:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Since my last couple of Chrome updates, every time I download a file, it comes up with something like "This file can harm your computer" with "Keep" and "Discard" buttons. I have looked thru all the Chrome settings and can find no option that allows or disables this message. Chrome does NOT do this on my laptop. Is there a setting that will disable this and if so, where?
KNRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

Try this and see if this helps:

Working around the Google Chrome "This type of file can harm your computer" problem - MajorGeeks

DBCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:11 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
This setting option is from an older version of Chrome. It does not exist in version 54.0.2840.71 m. Also notice it says that AFTER UNCHECKING the option, Chrome will still warn you, but give you the option of keeping or discarding the file. It is THAT popup warning I was to disable.
KNRover is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Separate Taskbar Shortcuts for Google Chrome Accounts
My name is Jake and I have recently enrolled in a college. Woohoo! The college I attend uses a modified version of gmail that is monitored for security purposes. I noticed that when using Google Chrome I could click my name "Jake" in the top right corner next to the minimize button and select...
Entelgen Windows 8, 8.1 Support 6 06-27-2015 09:56 AM
[SOLVED] Unable to download Google Chrome
I have restored my system to an earlier date. Needed to reinstall Google Chrome which I have been using earlier to restore. On clicking the download button I either get no response or get a blank page with no where to go. One site says my security settings do not permit download.I did several...
rdsharma Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 03-09-2015 04:59 AM
Windows Update acting weird!
I don't think this is a problem, more of a curiosity, hence posting here. If it turns out that it is a problem, I'll get someone to move it to the appropriate forum. Got a notification earlier that new updates are available. As you will see from the pics, "4 important updates available" but only...
Deejay100six Offline 13 04-09-2014 08:19 AM
[SOLVED] Annoying Pop Up Security Message
How do I get rid of the following message Security Warning Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely? This webpagecontains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection which could compromise the security of the entire webpage ...
indaloman Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 5 02-03-2011 04:51 AM