Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baffling browser issue

SOLVED 
2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  soundecology 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, Having this issue in Mozilla, Chrome, and Edge. Everything working fine yesterday. Today when I opened Foxfire first, I went to my FB page where I noticed I couldn't click on the globe icon. Same issue in the other browsers. I'm also unable to click the library buttons and other icons and buttons at the top of each screen. Unable to log into FB because unable to click login button. This also is happening on other sites. Random buttons are unclickable. Have two users on this new computer with Win 10. So far issue is only happening with one user. I've only had this computer up and running for a few days. I've ran Avast and Malwarebytes with no problems detected. The issue seems to be only happening with browsers. Running ASUS with i6 6th gen. Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
Seems like the desktop session wasn't fully loaded. I've had similar problems especially when resuming from sleep. A little investigation revealed lots of errors in event logs, pertaining to the Search process. My desktop would kind of lock up, right-clicking the taskbar would bring up the context menu, but couldn't click any of the menu items. Start menu would not show up, Ctrl-Alt-Del wouldn't load the security options, pressing the power button to shutdown would bring up the shutdown screen, but wouldn't actually shutdown. If task manager somehow opened, ending the Search process and restarting Explorer fixed things. User profile corruption seems to be a common problem on Windows 8 and higher. You definitely should consider migrating to a new user account, well I had to and it fixed a myriad of other mysterious problems that were affecting my productivity. You may also wanna disable fast start-up. If you're using a third-party start menu, consider updating it to the latest version or uninstalling and installing the latest version available. If you haven't yet upgraded to the latest Windows 10 build (anniversary update), kindly do so. Review the list of third-party software on your system, especially those that include shell integration features (e.g context menus) and update as many as possible. Recently I had to disable ALL third-party shell extensions because explorer would crash and restart itself when i select an executable file and context menus would take several seconds to show up. Beware of Windows 10 compatibility issues with old versions of third party antivirus and other security programs. My clients have had the worst experiences with Kaspersky 2015 (2016 is fully compatible), especially cases of keyboard and touchpads not working right from the login screen! It's a lot of work trying out different solutions, and its even worse when your system decides to misbehave when you need to use it the most! Start with migrating to a new user account and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.