Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

Address Bar Keeps Changing Address to Error Page

This is a discussion on Address Bar Keeps Changing Address to Error Page within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have AOL 9.8.2 Desktop Software with it's own Browser as I don't use my Internet Explorer. The problem is

Old 04-11-2016, 02:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have AOL 9.8.2 Desktop Software with it's own Browser as I don't use my Internet Explorer. The problem is that my AOL Browser Address Bar keeps Changing on some websites from the correct address to an Error Message Page displaying the following info.. The web address you entered could not be found [more information] The error could be the result of a variety of things, from typing errors in the web address to DNS issues with the requested web address.. Check the web address for typing errors or check your internet connection to ensure other web addresses are accessible.. You were trying to go to https://.fls.doubleclick.net/activit...598490398.377? The correct address I was going to is http://www.haband.com/home.jspsrc_code=msn&cid=ps_hb_yahoobing_br_|haband&creative=11075599614&device=c&matchtype=e[/url] Without the [/url] of course. The address it changes to is https://.fls.doubleclick.net/activityi;src=;type=undefined could not be found and gives the described error message info.
I always type the right address in so I really don't know how this happend I just want it resolved!
Blondie0862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
Registered Member

after restarting the browser and having recurrent changes, try running a scan with adwcleaner. download it from this site;
AdwCleaner Download

run it and see the Scan button to search your computer for unwanted Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. the program will need a restart after hitting the clean button.
btufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 05:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

I use the same AOL 9.8.2 and get the same fls.doubleclick.net..... error when I try to access the Vanguard.com site. After a recent virus check by a software outfit, this error started. I noticed they installed Adblock Plus for IE; do you have this program installed?
Have you tried the Adwcleaner?
eddie2 is offline   Reply With Quote