Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

2 G Chrome help issues

This is a discussion on 2 G Chrome help issues within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello! I have 2 G Chrome issues, that I need help with... a. G Chrome reloads pages, that are opened

Old 04-30-2016, 04:42 PM   #1
Troubled

Hello!

I have 2 G Chrome issues, that I need help with...

a. G Chrome reloads pages, that are opened when you return to them. Youtube reloads, GMail reloads... that is nasty.
b. This isn't just G Chrome related... Youtube shows human flesh nasties - how to avoid this? Their control panel should have this feature, to ban / or unshow these uglycities.
...I'm really-really tired of that kind of spam!

G Chrome v. 50. Help me out here.
doggie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2016, 05:20 AM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

Send a message via Yahoo to Stancestans

Regarding the second issue, go to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/174084?hl=en and enable restricted mode as described therein.

Chrome automatically discards tabs if running low on system memory. You can change that behaviour by opening chrome://flags, search (Ctrl+F) for Automatic tab discarding and set it to disabled.

You're running 32-bit Windows, which suggests you do not have a lot of RAM installed, and since browsers are notorious for high memory usage, you could be running low on memory hence Chrome's behaviour. You might wanna reduce on the number of tabs you have open, else your system's memory will run low and and affect overall performance, especially if multitasking.
Stancestans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
Troubled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stancestans View Post
Regarding the second issue, go to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/174084?hl=en and enable restricted mode as described therein.

Chrome automatically discards tabs if running low on system memory. You can change that behaviour by opening chrome://flags, search (Ctrl+F) for Automatic tab discarding and set it to disabled.

You're running 32-bit Windows, which suggests you do not have a lot of RAM installed, and since browsers are notorious for high memory usage, you could be running low on memory hence Chrome's behaviour. You might wanna reduce on the number of tabs you have open, else your system's memory will run low and and affect overall performance, especially if multitasking.
Bravo!! Thank you so much! :)
Old 05-01-2016, 02:33 PM   #4
Troubled

Google still doesn't has it separately... I don't wanna block the comments like it works now, - I wanna block human flesh ******** crap, like Hostel shortcuts and 3 eyed people.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:30 AM   #5
Hardware Tech Team

Send a message via Yahoo to Stancestans

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie007 View Post
Google still doesn't has it separately... I don't wanna block the comments like it works now, - I wanna block human flesh ******** crap, like Hostel shortcuts and 3 eyed people.
You could block those channels featuring stuff you do not like using a Chrome extension called Video Blocker. Another related extension is YouTweaker for Youtube, which you can use to hide/remove recommended channels.

Check them out and make use of them because YouTube as is doesn't offer much control over content.
Stancestans is offline   Reply With Quote