Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is my CPU running at 100%?

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  gemhunter 
#1 ·
I just came home and noticed my fan was running at max nonstop. the machine is disconnected from the net and the wireless is physically disabled.
The only program open is windows mail. I opened task managed and it shows the CPU is maxed out at 100%. Only two programs seem to be doing this. spoolsv.exe and svchost.exe both indicate 48%+ use of resources and the rest are tiny bits of other programs. Nothing is scanning or running as far as I know.

Any help? This has been solidly running at 100% for a while.

#3 ·
I did print some stuff earlier and had to delete the printer and several attempts before it would work. Do you think that the HP program is corrupted? I just reinstalled it from their website a week or so ago.
I restarted and have ESET online scan running. Maybe I just need ot get rid of HP altogether and find a cheaper printer or print program.

#6 · (Edited)
I chose the SVC Host that was using the most bandwidth
I can't make this list appear properly. It shows up right in editing then jams itself together when I post it. I'm just gonna delete the description.
SVC Host Services
Name
AeLookupSvc
Appinfo
BITS
IKEEXT
Iphlpsvc
MMCSS
sedogon
LanmanServer
ShellHWDetection
SENS
Schedule
Themes
ProfSvc
Winmgmt
wuauserv

#9 · (Edited)
I shut off update in services and it slowed down to using 92% ramping back up and down. Then I went to processes as I came here to post and shut off 2 spooler related items which were only using 1500 or so each and the performance showed CPU drop tp 59% and is now at 62% varying up and down to 50%.
ESET is still running 3 hours now these other items are using so much of the CPU but it is close to finished. Once it is done I will remove the HP solution center which is only 2.18MB but I suspect the problem comes from it. The only other HP item is 76.7MB, Next time I'll skip the all in one and get a straight printer.
I'm still not sure that the problem is solved since IDK what exactly was going on and it is still ramping up to 100% and staying high. The resource monitor is showing the disk is now being used hard as well.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.