Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

Used ComboFix, Dell Dock won't open?

This is a discussion on Used ComboFix, Dell Dock won't open? within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Sorry, I wasn't sure which category to put this in. Well, I (once again) had the Google Redirect Virus and

Old 12-07-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Sorry, I wasn't sure which category to put this in. Well, I (once again) had the Google Redirect Virus and problems with fake virus software downloading itself to my computer, and then blocking me from opening up anything and everything. I have successfully got rid of those problems after downloading ComboFix, BUT now my computer has minor problems. For one, my cute little Dell Dock won't open :( It says "A device attached to this system is not functioning". Also, I noticed that my Amazon Wishlist Add-On button on Firefox won't show up. It doesn't give me an error when I try to put it on, it just doesn't do anything. That is my least concern though. Lord knows what else it has done to my computer. I've already lost my little display that shows up in the middle of my screen when I press the volume keys--I don't want to lose my little Dell Dock too D: Please help

Old 12-07-2011, 03:39 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Hi,

Please post up the log produced by Combofix (C:\ComboFix.txt) in a new topic in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum.

While you may see ComboFix being used quite often without incident, the tool should not be run unsupervised (as stated in the Disclaimer that is first displayed by ComboFix when you run the tool). As explained in Post 2 of our pre-posting topic...

Quote:
Why we don't ask you to run ComboFix from the onset

As stated by the author of ComboFix:

ComboFix is a very powerful tool which when improperly used may render your machine to a doorstop.

We first need to verify if there's any rootkits present and how they could affect our tools. DDS & GMER are preliminary scans. We use their logs to map our strategy for attack.

With these logs we can determine the infections present & decide whether to deploy ComboFix.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search