Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unable to install MalwareByte Premium

SOLVED 
3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 ·
Hello:
I attempted to install MalwareBytes Premium both 8.1 and Win 7, however I am NOT able to install it on both of PCs which made by HP.
------------------------------------------------------------
Error message is,
Run Time Error '13'
Type mismatch OK (at the bottom of error message)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I typed correctly several times on both of 8.1 and Win 7, however error message kept popping up on which I can NOT install Malwarebytes Premium.:sad:

Any help on this issue would be truly appreciated.

Thanks,

#3 ·
I purchased Malwarebytes, Premium from Wal-Mart, a couple of months ago.
------------------------------------------------
at the top of cover of MBAM saying,
3 PCS, 1 YR.
-------------
Actually, I purchased few more MBAMs for other PCs, two XPs, two Win 7s and there were NO problem of installation. Only this time, I had a problem on two PCs.

I contacted MBAM, but not actual MBAM support-group. It appears to me that foreign country origin MBAM that trying to sell other products. Then, I needed to hang up a phone in my fear that they charged ridiculous price.

In the past, I was charged more than $300.00 on my credit card when I saw 'contact MS support.' It's very scaring experience, to say the least.
It says, something like, ... '365 days' security program and the like, ..... When I realized it's a 'scam,' but it was too late for it to cancel on my credit card.:sad:

Seeing this, I came to this site for seeking a help on MBAM installation.

#5 ·
The real Email support is here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=6400&q=an't+install You can let it search FAQs first.
Never go anywhere but the official site of the firm you're trying to deal with.
I did that several times, however there had no response whatever. Actually, only web-site to look at, but there is NO support although it appears to me that they are ready to help.

Having experienced this, I searched for it to type 'Unable to install Malwarebytes' and popped up several sites and one of those was a very quick answer to my phone. However, unfortunately it was NO support. It was one of 'money maker scam' to entice panicky Malwarebytes installers.

Any suggestions would be great.

#8 ·
#10 ·
Thanks ALL for responses and suggestions. I really appreciate all.

This morning, I attempted to download 'Free Malwarebytes Premium' directly from 'Malwarebytes' site. However, it didn't let it go, saying 'already have it, or something similar phrase popping up in the middle of the screen. Then, on other PC with Malwarebytes, I downloaded and installed it on other PC by a thumb-stick.

After a completion of 'SCAN NOW,' I typed ID and KEY which was purchased from Wal-Mart. Now, luckily, I'm a legal owner of Malwarebytes by having 'My Account' at the top of right side of Malwarebytes.

What a relief, knowing that I was finally able to evade a cleaver and sneaky 'hacker' this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.