Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

System32 folder opens up on startup & DRVSTORE folder is in blue color;Window7 64bit

This is a discussion on System32 folder opens up on startup & DRVSTORE folder is in blue color;Window7 64bit within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hello please any1 can solve my problem: System32 folder opens up on startup & DRVSTORE folder is in blue color;

Old 09-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

Roll Eyes

hello

please any1 can solve my problem:

System32 folder opens up on startup & DRVSTORE folder is in blue color; My OS is Window7 64bit professional and Dell Inspiron Laptop.
I searched if any1 had the same problem earlier, i found 1 to which the solution was to download Deckard's System Scanner, bt the link to download is nt available now...

What should i do?

Old 09-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi, welcome to TSF

Click the Start button at the bottom left of the screen, type msconfig in the search box and hit Enter.

When the System Configuration window opens, click the Startup tab, remove the checkmark from any blank entries, click OK and reboot. When Windows has finished loading, confirm the changes in the popup window and reboot again.

If this doesn't fix the problem, post back with the full list of entries under the msconfig startup tab, indicating which ones have a checkmark next to them. Post a screenshot if that's easier.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
Moderator Offline

Hi and welcome to TSF

Deckard's System Scanner is not used anymore.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Basementgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #4
Management Team, Security Center & TSF Academy
Expert Analyst, Moderator, Security Team
Rangemaster, Moderator, TSF Academy

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Just to add...DRVSTORE should be blue. That's Windows telling you it contains compressed files.

This link is for XP, but it still holds true on Win7.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

tetonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Registered Member

hey koala thank you for the advice it has stopped popping up on start up!!!

I unchecked the 'cft_mon' & 'ctf_mon' entries whose commands were 'C:\RECYCLER\cft_mon.exe' and 'C:\RECYCLER\ctf_mon.exe' respectively. Are these any viruses? If yes, what should I do? I have Quick Heal Total Security latest registered antivirus which is up to date and i hav scanned the C:\RECYCLER with tht bt no threat detected..

Also, after rebooting 1st time upon unchecking those startup items, it didn't ask for any confirmation of changes...would that be a problem? And now if i look in startup tab of msconfig, i do find the entries corresponding to ctf_mon and cft_mon unchecked.. So, tht is not a problem anymore.. but are those viruses?
Old 09-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
Management Team, Security Center & TSF Academy
Expert Analyst, Moderator, Security Team
Rangemaster, Moderator, TSF Academy

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

It looks like the machine is infected

ThreatExpert Report

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

tetonbob is offline   Reply With Quote