Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

Status.msi help

This is a discussion on Status.msi help within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I'm running windows vista and wheneverI turn on my computer a window pops up saying "Please wait while windows

Old 09-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I'm running windows vista and wheneverI turn on my computer a window pops up saying "Please wait while windows configures status", then another window pops up saying, "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'status.msi' in the box below." with the options to press ok, cancel, or browse. Whenever I press cancel I get the message "An installation package fot the product Status cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'status.msi'. soon after I press ok, the whole process starts again. If anyone can give me some help on this I'd really appreciate it, Thanks.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Security Team
Analyst

Have you installed any programs recently? This sounds like it is related to install that may have not finished fully.

A few others with similar problems had it being related to a HP product. Do you have a HP printer, scanner, copier, ect...? If so you may want to try re-downloading the drivers for it. HP Support & Drivers | United States

Please let us know if this does not relate to or fix your problem.

“Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most” - Mark Twain
Clark76 is offline   Reply With Quote