Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

Security Center problem (Error 1068)

This is a discussion on Security Center problem (Error 1068) within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello. I have a similar problem with this one: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...-a-681588.html I also have a laptop running Windows Vista. Yesterday i

Old 07-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Windows VIsta Home Premium (32-bit), service pack 2

Hello.

I have a similar problem with this one:

[SOLVED] Can't start Security Center, Error 1068

I also have a laptop running Windows Vista. Yesterday i installed and ran RegCure, and messed about with a few things, and after a restart my Security Center was not working.

I checked Security Center under Services and couldn't get it started. I get 1068 Error, I check under Properties for Dependencies and it's blank.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
Moderator Offline

Hi and welcome to TSF

Now you know why we tell people to never ever use any type of registry cleaner. They will get you in trouble more times than not. Those types of programs are NOT smart enough.

Go into regcure and see if it has a setting to "undo" what you and it did.

If that does not work, do a system restore back to a point before you loaded/ran regcure.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Basementgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
Registered Member

OS: Windows VIsta Home Premium (32-bit), service pack 2

"Undo" option? I can't find any of the sort.

Let me go back a bit: i had the Ukash (or FBI or whatever) virus a couple of months ago. Since i removed it, upon startup i had a rundll error. So i installed and ran RegCure, and the error was gone. (I also got the "Server Busy" error, sometimes upon startup, sometimes when trying to load a program -not a certain program, any program. This error is still here bytheway.)

After i restarted, i got the "Security Center is deactivated" error (or something like that). I ran services, can't manually start Security Center, and it's Dependencies tab is blank...

That's about it...
Old 07-21-2013, 03:29 AM   #4
Moderator Offline

Then chances are you are still infected.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Basementgeek is offline   Reply With Quote