Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

Locking a Netgear wireless router...

This is a discussion on Locking a Netgear wireless router... within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I would like to know how to lock my Netgear Wireless Router, so that only the people in my house

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

I would like to know how to lock my Netgear Wireless Router, so that only the people in my house can access it?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

What do you mean by lock? lock the unit itself or lock so that only certain people connect to it?

Please use the search function of the website before asking questions, as we may already have answered them.
Everest FREE Edition
AVG FREE Edition
Old 04-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

I mean put a password on it so that in order to connect to it you need a password.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Thats usually pretty easy, Im not familiar with the netgear program, but its possible to do it using the windows wireless utility, by clicking the setup wireless network option, and putting in an key for WPA or WEP protection.

HOWEVER

I did find this and looks pretty complete and easy to follow.

Please use the search function of the website before asking questions, as we may already have answered them.
Everest FREE Edition
AVG FREE Edition
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AOL Wireless Netgear Router, Belkin Pre-N Adapter
My household has recently upgraded the AOL to the wireless package. Using the AOL provided Netgear DG834G Router and AOL CD, the connection was setup fine on the main desktop running XP and connecting to the internet via the ethernet cable as the desktop does not have wireless. One of my...
brendon.lowther Networking Support 0 01-20-2007 04:22 AM
2 laptops not getting wireless connections Direct cable into router works. Need help!
Hello. We have two laptops and one desktop pc, a cable modem and a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. This morning and into the early afternoon we had both laptops on line, both at the same time and at different times during the day. As of tonight both laptops can not access the internet by...
btech Protocols and Routing 5 01-15-2007 01:09 PM
If a wired router, and a wireless router are both hooked up wired, who is faster?
Hey guys, I don't know to much about routers, so I rather ask than read the manufacture's web site and not understand what I'm reading. Which set up would be better and/or faster? I wanted to get a router where I can hook up two PC's with cables/wired, and perhaps at some point set up the...
joeeye Networking Support 8 08-05-2005 05:15 PM
can someone answer this question for me?
1. Which one of the following accurately describes the function of an IPX SAP message? a) SAP is used transfer files between workstations and services in an IPX network. b) SAP is used to authenticate workstations to file, print, and directory services in an IPX network. c) SAP is used...
lydia_monica Certification & Career 1 01-12-2005 05:19 AM