Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

Ive got a Virus/Spyware that I cant get rid of

This is a discussion on Ive got a Virus/Spyware that I cant get rid of within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have rencently gotten some virus/spyware that I cant get rid of :( I downloaded the ivideo codec and I

Old 11-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have rencently gotten some virus/spyware that I cant get rid of :(
I downloaded the ivideo codec and I now get loads of pop ups from the spyware (Damn virusbursters) telling me I have a virus (which I didnt before I downloaded the Ivideo codec)
I tried uninstalling the ivideo codec to try and get rid of the spyware but when I went to uninstall it told me that I would need to resart so I did but that did nothing and the ivideo codec still hasnt been uninstalled.
Then I ran searches using: Ad Aware, AVG and spybot but they didnt find anything wither :(
Annoyingly not only does the pop up keep telling me that I need to buy virusbursters to get rid of my spyware but it also brings up adult ads!
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Thanks in advance :D

Old 11-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi.,

Please follow MicroBell's 5 Step process outlined here

After running through all the steps, best thing to do is have one of the HijackThis helpers take a look at a log.

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\

Double click on HijackThis.exe to run the program.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file in the HijackThis Log Help forum. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

dorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:38 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, I will try tonight!