Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

Is my PC clean?

This is a discussion on Is my PC clean? within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi!
I have run Microsoft Security Essentials, and found 7 threats in a USB pen with hiren's boot CD.
Since I don´t know where the MSE print report button is, I was gathering the info in a .txt file, when the risk level went from RED to ORANGE and only 5 threats where declared.

The “Obfuscator.C” and the “Orsam!rts” info where missing.

Since then I have runed several cleaners like, avira, kaspersky rescue CD and malwarebyts and this 2 threats were never found on my pc (the pen is stored, and never used again)

Since my PC was still slow I have found a Asus Hotkey Process running, and eating 80 to 90% of my processor capability (this processes was stopped in msconfig, and never came back)

Is my PC infected???
why did the “Obfuscator.C” and the “Orsam!rts” info gone away?

the others problems were:

AmmyAdmin
Itens: containerfile:E:\HBCD\Programs\Files\AmmyyAdmin.7z
file:E:\HBCD\Programs\Files\AmmyyAdmin.7z->AMMYY_Admin.exe

Angryscan.A
Itens: containerfile:E:\HBCD\Programs\Files\Mix.7z
file:E:\HBCD\Programs\Files\Mix.7z->ipscan.exe

Netpass
Itens: containerfile:E:\HBCD\Programs\Files\NirSoft.7z.vir
file:E:\HBCD\Programs\Files\NirSoft.7z.vir->WirelessKeyView.exe

Passview
file:E:\HBCD\Programs\Files\NirSoft.7z.vir->SniffPass.exe

Mailpassview
file:E:\HBCD\Programs\Files\NirSoft.7z.vir->mailpv.exe

Old 02-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Moderator - Microsoft Support Team

If you believe your system might be infected you need to follow these instructions and post in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/new-instructions-read-this-before-posting-for-malware-removal-help-305963.html

Only the qualified analysts on that forum are permitted to help with malware removal.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
Registered Member

EEK!

thanks LMiller7
the post has been placed here:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ts-630183.html

Still some questions wander on my mind, how is it possible to a USB pen deploy 2 virus without executing any process in it?
And does MSE gives false positives, and in 2 minutes changes his report?
I'm just starting in IT, and this security issues are amazing me (to the point to keep the infected pen for further study).
... I will bee needing some up dated reading.

brgds
VM