Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

How to recover the file infected by .crypt extension.

This is a discussion on How to recover the file infected by .crypt extension. within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have machine with Win 7. In that infected by some kind of virus which has changed extension of all

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have machine with Win 7. In that infected by some kind of virus which has changed extension of all the files (like .doc, .xls, .jpg, .pdf) to .crypt. So now the files are all like .doc.crypt.

Next, if I rename this files and remove the extension, the file is not recovered. The file seems to have got encrypted in some way or it has corrupt data inside it and i couldn't open the Window task manager also.

Kindly send any information about this problem and how to recover infected files

Thanks,
Seetharam

Old 07-31-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Management Team, Security Center & TSF Academy
Expert Analyst, Moderator, Security Team
Rangemaster, Moderator, TSF Academy

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hello. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a decryptor tool for every type of ransomware.

The first thing to do is ensure the infection has been neutralized.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

As specific malware issues are not addressed in this area, I will close this thread now.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP - constant BSoD, freezes
Hi everyone, new to the forum, thanks in advance. I have an Acer 4810TZ laptop running Win7 home premium SP1. For a long, long time it has been freezing constantly, while also going to BSoD fairly often. For freezes, it definitely occured most often at the Windows loading screen. It also seemed...
bxm701 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 07-26-2012 07:08 AM
PC running slower and slower
Hi,I need you guys to help me out...my computer has been running slower and slower over the past few weeks and i cannot figure out why. I have tried to follow the instructions of the sticky to the best of my ability . I ran avira antivirus and some hits came up but i am not sure if they are false...
ComputerNubCake Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 4 06-10-2012 07:35 AM
Random/rare STOP0x1E
Been fighting against this one for a while now and couldn't figure out the cause, especially since the crashes come and go and are very rare... anyway, here is the data: · OS - Windows 7 x64 SP1 OEM (MSDNAA version) · Age of system: one and a half years · Age of OS installation: a month ·...
Soukyuu BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 09-26-2011 12:16 PM
BSOD XPSP3 on HP Laptop
================================================== Dump File : Mini052411-01.dmp Crash Time : 5/24/2011 06:43:43 AM Bug Check String : CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION Bug Check Code : 0x000000f4 Parameter 1 : 0x00000003 Parameter 2 : 0x88738938 Parameter 3 : 0x88738aac Parameter 4 : 0x805d29b4...
mkrao Windows XP Support 2 06-08-2011 01:07 AM
Aion System Failure
hi, I installed recently aion on my pc, but there´s an error that keeps pooping, so I reinstalled the games 3 times, but it keeps on happening, can some help me please? This is the error! please help me!!! User Name : Blake Version of Editor.exe(32Bit_Client) : 0.0.0.0 Version of...
joaofilipe14 Game Installation Support 3 06-04-2011 08:34 AM