Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

How can i find who's spying my computer?

This is a discussion on How can i find who's spying my computer? within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I found someone was spying my computer but then my hard disk broke i changed it and its been some

Old 02-07-2013, 04:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

I found someone was spying my computer but then my hard disk broke i changed it and its been some time and now I found remote access programs installed on my computer
I think it might be someone from the internet network or someone that knows my ip.
I have ''open all'' , ''ultravnc'' and other programs installed but no one has physical access to my computer.
In the task manager i see many programs and proccesses for remote access
Ultravnc is remote acces program so maybe theres a way to find who's using it to access to my computer?
Please can someone tell me find out who it is?
I can write all the programs/things that are weird and will netstat in command prommt show something?

Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
- Hardware Team
- Articles Team
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 64bit Professional (SP1), Windows 8.1 64bit

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Please read all of the following instructions found here: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

After reading all of the instructions found above post the required logs here: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

Do not post any logs here!

Intel, NVidia, Xbox One, Android, Gigabyte
Masterchiefxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Please read all of the following instructions found here: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

After reading all of the instructions found above post the required logs here: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

Do not post any logs here!
But im not writing this from my computer and i don't want

Please i really need help
Old 02-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

If you have a remote access program on your computer after replacing an entire drive (and re-installing the OS obviously) because you had a remote access program, chances are good that somebody using your computer is getting it infected.

The only way the same person would be able to find you again, other than by pure wild coincidence, would be if you had a static public IP, which I seriously doubt unless it's something like a web server.

You say nobody has physical access to the PC, but if you found a RAT and replaced the HDD and OS and then got the RATs back then somebody - you or another user - is almost certainly using the PC in a way that's giving it a malware infection. In theory, a virus can be stored in the PC's firmware (such that a replaced HDD and OS wouldn't clean it), but this is beyond unlikely. Even if it were a rootkit, an entirely new drive and OS would clean it out.

Tracing a malware infection to a specific source is both very difficult and generally pointless, as the vast, vast majority of infections are done by people who have no idea who you are. If you do trace it down, the trail will probably end somewhere short of the actual person responsible.

You need to get your computer cleaned up and try to determine how you got reinfected then take steps to prevent a third infection. Most common sources of infection include opening infected emails, visiting shady websites, downloading freeware, and drive-by downloads you get off otherwise legitimate sites. Proper internet usage habits, a regular cleaning regimine, disabling Java as much as possible, and keeping up-to-date antivirus protection are your best defenses on an individual machine. For networks you should be running a firewall and disabling ports you don't use in addition to that and you can also use a NIDS system to monitor access to the network.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Moderator - Microsoft Support Team

Finding who is accessing your computer over the Internet isn't practical. And there are some simple and very effective precautions a hacker could take that would make this even more difficult.

If you believe this to be the case your best option is to do as Masterchiefxx17 has suggested.