Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

Folder Lock 6 problem

This is a discussion on Folder Lock 6 problem within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, recently I purchased Folder Lock 6, and was locking my confidential information. Then I moved on to my software,

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
recently I purchased Folder Lock 6, and was locking my confidential information. Then I moved on to my software, but realized that I didn't have enough space in my C:\ drive because my laptop comes partitioned with 2 drives, a small C:\ drive and a larger D:\ drive, so I usually install software in my D:\ drive.

The default path for creating a locker is Documents\locker0x.flk, which is in the C:\ drive. As I was running out of space, I decided to change the default folder to:
D:\_data_\locker0x.flk

Now I was creating a locker in that location, and was adding some files to that locker. Out of carelessness, I accidentally clicked on the \_data_ folder without knowing, and I locked and closed the locker.
I went back to check on the locker, and it wasn't there. In fact, the folder wasn't there, so I couldn't even find the locker to begin with.

My problem is:
I locked a folder using a locker that was saved in that folder and it has disappeared. It requires somewhat immediate attention because I need to learn and use some of the new software [locked in the hidden locker] for my job by the day following Independence Day, so as you can see I'm in a time crunch.

System Specs:
Win 7 Home Premium ~ 64 bit
I am the only user, as well as the only admin on the laptop.
I don't want to have to do a system restore, in case that it uninstalls the program and keeps the locker hidden.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Moderator Offline

I think the first thing I would do is to contact Folder Locker and ask them how to proceed.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

I contacted them, with a direct copy-and-paste of the bulk of the OP.

I seriously hope that this can be fixed as soon as possible, and if anybody else knows how to fix this, then please, share your two cents.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
Registered Member

Bump, they are not replying.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Moderator Offline

You are forced to deal with them, we can't help you.

Our forum rules prohibit us from helping recover files that you have "secured".
It falls in the same category as lost passwords. We can't help anybody break into a PC/program/folder/file.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
Registered Member

Oh, I see. I thought this was different, but I guess not.

Thanks anyways though.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
Moderator Offline

I hope you understand the position we are forced to take. There is no way we can verify that this is your PC.

Post is locked

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Closed Thread