Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

Can't access the network after spyware removal?

This is a discussion on Can't access the network after spyware removal? within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I ran the latest adaware on my other laptop and now I can not access the network at all. I

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 06:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

I ran the latest adaware on my other laptop and now I can not access the network at all. I am using a Linksys wireless router with a wireless card on my laptop. I am running WindowsXP sp1. When I right click on the status it shows me a different numbers than my DHCP? This worked before I ran adaware but know after clearing this all up it does not get on the network. I tried looking for a restore point but I did not have one recently. I have DHCP setup on my LInksys router with addresses 192.168.1.101-150. The status shows me an address starting with 169.x.x.x with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 and no other entries for DNS servers.

Any help? Please.

Old 01-26-2005, 03:45 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hello, by not being able to get on the network, are you saying that you have no internet access now through your wireless router? Please post back with this information. Good Luck