Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

application cannot be executed. the file is infected. please activate your antivirus

This is a discussion on application cannot be executed. the file is infected. please activate your antivirus within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I've read almost every thread on this subject and I think I know what I need to do. I've

Old 11-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

So I've read almost every thread on this subject and I think I know what I need to do. I've downloaded Mbam and the issue has been the inability to open .exe because they're all infected. So I tried re-naming them to .scr or what have you. What worked for someone else was rebooting into safe mode.

That's where my problem comes in. I am unable to boot into safe mode. It just restarts after I have input the option for safe mode boot up. So does anyone have any suggestions on how to run antivirus software or how to boot into safe mode and get rid of this damm thing.

Thanks everyone

Old 11-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Team Manager, Articles
Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF.

If you think you may be infected then please start here and follow the instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

Do not post your logs back in this thread - follow the guidance in the above link!

If you have problems with any of the steps, simply move on to the next one and make a note of the problem in your reply.

Please note that the Security Forum is always busy, so I would ask for your patience while waiting for a reply - it may take a few days.

PC Safety & Security::PC running a bit slow?::Photographers Corner
Glaswegian is offline   Reply With Quote