Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

Am I Being Tracked?

This is a discussion on Am I Being Tracked? within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have Ghostery and Better privacy installed. They seem to be helping quite a bit. Lately, I've been redirected several

Old 10-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

I have Ghostery and Better privacy installed. They seem to be helping quite a bit. Lately, I've been redirected several times to a blank page that has 'http://tracker.marinsm.com' in the address bar. While on this page, Ghostery says 'No Trackers Here'.

I can't find much about this site. Google currently lists it as 'Not A Threat', though it has found a couple of issues with malware in the past. Can anyone tell me more about this site and why and how it is able to redirect my searches?

Old 10-16-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
Security Team
Analyst

All I can really find is most likely the same link you are referring too: Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for marinsm.com

I would suggest making sure your antivirus is fully updated and run a full system scan to see if anything is picked up. If you are still being redirected then follow the below directions:
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.
If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.
Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

“Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most” - Mark Twain
Clark76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Clark76

I have been in the market for another computer. Somehow, it finally dawned on me. The only time I got this 'http://tracker.marinsm.com' redirect, was when I clicked on a particular Dell site. The site is '3 Day Sale at Dell'.

I'm reasonably sure my computer is clean. Since this one site is the only one somehow causing this redirect, I am going to forget about it and close this thread.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.