Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Xerox Companion installation

This is a discussion on Xerox Companion installation within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am having problems trying to install Xerox companion software to be able to operate Xerox Phaser 3100MXP printer/scanner/copier

Old 03-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

Hi,
I am having problems trying to install Xerox companion software to be able to operate Xerox Phaser 3100MXP printer/scanner/copier machine. I used the original installation CS that came with the machine. It installed the software, however when I first tried to launch it, I received an error message (I don;t remember what it said exactly). I then have been trying to reinstall or uninstall the program for one whole day, neither procedure succeeded, and I am constantly getting a message saying "Error 2343. Specified path is empty". I tried to uninstall from Control Panel, from the CD, and neither worked. I even manually deleted the folder from the Programs directory, ans have no idea how to solve the problem! the drivers have installed correctly, and I am able to operate both the printer and the scanner components. I just need the software to be able to scan in pdf.
Thanks in advance!
Georgi

Old 03-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Registered Member

Let's see if I can help you. When the software printer / scanner / copier I know not say what may be the problem but a solution would be to check on manufacturer's website to see if this printer has a universal software that can solve your problem.
As for the software to scan to PDF, you know if the printer / scanner / copier supports this kind of feature? For there are printers that only allow scanner in image format (JPG, GIF, etc).
Hugs Fisem JMS

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] 32bits OS turns 16bits after installation
Hello,I have tried installing windows XP-32bits on a dell optiplex 170L tower. Insta;;ation turns out to be 16bits when I check from the computer display settings. I tried re-installing, and it gave the same 16bits graphics. What is the problem and what should I do about it? Thanks...
skratchet Windows XP Support 8 03-08-2012 12:27 AM
[SOLVED] Mass Effect and Dragon Age installation issue.
I'm having a problem installing Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age on my computer (I suspect it's a general bioware issue). When I try to run the autorun from the CDs, I get the following message: Error: switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported line 1 column 40 in XML settings ...
Munchlord Game Installation Support 4 03-01-2012 06:05 PM
Installation Problem (Windows xp and 7)
sir i am having window xp running on that hdd but when i am trying to load windows 7 then setup recognise that my hdd having bad sectors and after runing set it shows the fail operation of loading window 7
raj.shtyle Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 03-01-2012 06:50 AM
[SOLVED] USB ports broken after installation
Hello, I recently took my computer I originally built apart to install a new CPU fan and after I put it back together everything seemed to be in order however none of my USB peripherals will connect, ie mouse, keyboard, speakers. I thought I may have left a wire unplugged but checked and double...
pfloydwall Motherboards, Bios & CPU 2 02-29-2012 02:04 PM
Aditional Domain Controller Installation on server 2003
Dear All, I hope you all would be fine. I have a problem regarding to additional domain controller, i am trying to install additional domain controller but i receive the following error: as you can see in the images given below. What should i do please advice me.
Naveed_786 Windows NT/2000/2003, 2008 and 2012 Server 2 02-29-2012 11:51 AM