Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

[SOLVED] Printer doesn't turn on, Any possible fix?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Printer doesn't turn on, Any possible fix? within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an HP Deskjet F380 All-in-One Printer that doesn't turn on anymore. One day when I was going to

Old 11-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have an HP Deskjet F380 All-in-One Printer that doesn't turn on anymore. One day when I was going to use the printer, when I plugged the printer nothing happens.The printer self test like if you plug it in all the lights lights up but now it doesn't do that. I brought it to a near technician and they told me that the problem is the circuit board inside. I just want to ask you guys if there is possible fix on the board that I can do it myself . Please help me cause I can't afford to replace the printer or make the board replace cause I'm saving for a new CPU I'm going to upgrade my current CPU.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Registered Member

Repairing a power supply board is much easier than the control board because the later one has non repairable components like chips and ICs fixed on it. Ask your technician, if control board has gone defective than you should buy a new printer in my opinion.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply..when I first brought the printer to the technician he said that the power supply board is the problem. Do you any Idea on how to fix it my self?
Old 11-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian0928 View Post
Thanks for the reply..when I first brought the printer to the technician he said that the power supply board is the problem. Do you any Idea on how to fix it my self?
Thanks for the reply..when I first brought the printer to the technician he said that the power supply board is the problem. Do you have any Idea on how to fix it my self?
Old 11-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
Registered Member

Repairing an electronic circuit board should always be done by a professional technician because there may be a chance to get an electric shock :(
If you are familiar with electronic components, you can check fuses, transistor, Diac, Triac etc and possibly some leaked capacitors.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
Registered Member

Ahm i'l check the board after I buy a torx screw driver, because the printer uses a torx screw. I'm familiar with the board cause I know how to fix a cpu but this is the 1st time I'm repairing a printer.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhes View Post
Repairing an electronic circuit board should always be done by a professional technician because there may be a chance to get an electric shock :(
If you are familiar with electronic components, you can check fuses, transistor, Diac, Triac etc and possibly some leaked capacitors.
I checked the circuit board and I can't see any burnt marks but I tried plugging it and every time I plug it i always hear a spark sound and winning sound on the board. Any suggestions on how to fix the printer pcb?