Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

[SOLVED] My HP Deskjet 5550 printer won't print!

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] My HP Deskjet 5550 printer won't print! within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, I'm hoping you'll be able to help me with my problem. I have the printer mentioned above, and

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all,
I'm hoping you'll be able to help me with my problem.
I have the printer mentioned above, and it has gone crazy. The light keeps blinking! First it said it need new ink, but when I changed the ink cartridge, it decided it's out of paper. It has plenty of paper!
What do I do with my printer?

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-12-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to 95five-0 Send a message via Yahoo to 95five-0

I would suggest you remove all ink cartridges and paper and disconnect the printer from the computer. Next unplug (not just power off but completely unplug from the wall) the printer for at least 10 minutes. Then replace the ink cartridge and the paper. Plug the printer back in and see if it read everthing correctly. Then plug it back into the computer and run a test page. Let us know what you find out.

<<PC Pitstop>><< AVG Free>><<Spybot>><<Everest 2.0>><<Trend Micro House Call>><<HijackThis How-to>>
Old 07-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks a lot for your suggestion! It worked like a charm.

Actually, I also googled this issue a bit, and found someone with the same problem at this forum: http://www.fixya.com/support/t140419...t_5550_printer
The solution they gave her was to throw out the printer! I really hate throwing away things I spent money on. At least now I don't have to throw mine away.

Thanks again!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:56 AM   #4
Registered Member

Stinkyink now offer ink cartridges for the HP Deskjet 5550 ink. Oh and it's free delivery too!