Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

[SOLVED] hp D2545 machine gun noise

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] hp D2545 machine gun noise within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This printer suddenly started making a terrible racket just before the print head moves. Sounds like a jammed set of

Old 07-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

This printer suddenly started making a terrible racket just before the print head moves. Sounds like a jammed set of gears jumping. Noise comes from right side, just below where print head parks when lid is opened. It still prints but I'm afraid it will soon self-destruct. I uninstalled/installed it, no effect. No paper jam.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

There is what appears to be a "wiper" carriage under the "clean position of the print head. It was a othe rear for some unknown reason. I pulled it to the front, powered up, and voila, fixed. Dumb, what?

Old 01-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

THANKS, bro!
You are THE MAN!

He's talking about a plastic piece the sits under the ink cartridges
(with the cover open). Best thing to do is unplug the power so the cartridges sit on the left-hand side. The piece in question is under
where they sit on the right hand side.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
Registered Member

I was having the same problem. I pulled the piece forward and it fixed the noise but then it wipes and then stays back again for the next time. Any idea how to make it stop it and stay in the forward position when it finishes "wiping?