Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

[SOLVED] Canon IP4300 error

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Canon IP4300 error within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. HI Can anyone help. I have a canon IP4300 printer which has been great and had no problems, but it

Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

HI
Can anyone help. I have a canon IP4300 printer which has been great and had no problems, but it has suddenly stopped working and the orange light is flashing. I downloaded the manual and it says if it is flashing 10 times and then stops and then continues again then it is a paper error. I have only ever used A4 or photo paper and never had a problem in the 3 years I have had it. I can't do anything with it now and I am really stuck as to what to do....please can anyone help!

Old 03-27-2012, 05:02 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Drop down the rear access panel and check there are no bits of paper stuck anywhere.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

Hi there,

Hit the RESET button on the control panel of the printer, switch it off for a few minutes and turn it back on again.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Registered Member

Hi Both, I have tried that. Checked for paper at the back and hit the reset, but it still flashes....Lost for what to do now
Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

Quote:
I downloaded the manual and it says if it is flashing 10 times and then stops and then continues again then it is a paper error.
Quote:
Led flashes 10 times:
Automatic duplex printing cannot be performed. [1310]
The size of paper may not be compatible with automatic duplex printing. Press the Resume/Cancel Data which was to be printed on the back side of
^Is this what you referred to?

Also check out the responses here.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
Registered Member

Yes this is what happens and this is what the manual says but it still doesn't work even though there is no paper jams!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

Does pressing the "Resume/Cancel Data" button when the LED flashes, have any effect at all?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #8
Registered Member

No it makes non difference
Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #9
Registered Member

can anyone help or should I just trash my printer
Old 04-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

Hi Sue,

Sorry I couldn't back to this thread any sooner.

Here are some excerpts that might be helpful to you:

Quote:
Hi guys, I eventually found a solution to the problem for my printer. With the top cover open, I pushed a sheet of 120 micron thickness A4 clear plastic binding cover through the exit tray as far as it would go to rest against the bottom row of rollers. I switched the printer off then back on again and as the rollers lifted momentarily, I pushed the sheet of plastic as far up through the machine as I could before the rollers went down again - it went in a fair distance. The printer then ejected the plastic sheet. I then put the plastic sheet into the paper tray and tried to print a blank document page. The plastic fed through cleanly and my printer has been working since without any error messages. I hope this works for you.

By gordonthe1 Mar 04, 2008

Same problem with my Canon Pixma MP 480 - printer is jammed error message with nothing visible jammed in the printer. Turning on/off would not help.
I used the solution by gordonthe1, but instead of using a plastic sheet I pushed a very thick & stiff paper sheet up the rear. I had a very difficult time getting the sheet past the 2nd set of rollers - the rollers would lift for a split second each time I turned the printer ON, but even then it took a violent shove on the third try to finally get the paper through. Then, I (very roughly) yanked the paper up through the top of the printer before letting the printer eject it again. I also finished a roller cleaning, which I could not do before because of the incredibly frustrating non-existent paper jam. Now the Printer seems to be working perfectly & I'm thrilled that I won't be tossing my printer.

By jillian_benz Mar 26, 2012
If the above trick doesn't work, I would suggest taking the printer to your nearest Canon service center. They have good after sales service and will be happy to take a look at the problem and fix it for you.

If the printer is out of warranty, you will need to pay the service charges, which of course is a lot lesser than the price of a new one.

Let us know how you go.

~RS
Old 04-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #11
Registered Member

The rollers don't even move, it's like there is nothing there just the lights flashing. Lost my temper in the end and have broken it to get the ink cartridges out and thrown it in the dustbin
Thanks for all your help
Old 04-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #12
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

You did the right thing as today with labor rates it never pays to have a printer serviced. It possibly was a very small snip of paper you would never find anyway or a defective switch making it think that was so.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Rich-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #13
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear about the outcome.

Quote:
It possibly was a very small snip if paper you would never find anyway or a defective switch making it think that was so.
Which is why I suggested taking it to an authorized service center (not third party ones) to have it checked. How much you pay for the service depends on the nature and extent of the problem. The basic checkup is either free or a bare minimum, esp. if it was a snip of paper causing the problem. They would know exactly what's wrong and not have to speculate much.

The one time I had to take in my Canon AIO for a quick check up, I didn't have to pay a penny.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #14
Registered Member

Hi

The trouble with taking it to canon is that the nearest one is in London and I am in Derbyshire so not really cost effective for me. I am currently bidding for exactly the same printer on ebay for a third of the price.

Thanks for all your help
Sue
Old 04-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #15
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

Thanks for the update, Sue.

Maybe you could go in for a newer model, possibly with some additional features/functionality that you can use.

Good luck with the purchase!

RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue T View Post
Hi

The trouble with taking it to canon is that the nearest one is in London and I am in Derbyshire so not really cost effective for me. I am currently bidding for exactly the same printer on ebay for a third of the price.

Thanks for all your help
Sue
Old 04-17-2012, 05:05 AM   #16
Registered Member

Smile

Hi

Just found out that I have won the bid on ebay so I have the exact printer on its way to me for a bargain price. At least I won't have to throw my cartridges away now.

Thanks for all your help
Sue
Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Great why not mark this solved in the first post under "Thread Tools" in the first post.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Rich-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #18
Registered Member

Thanks, just marked it