Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

[resolved]Dell 720 Printer

This is a discussion on [resolved]Dell 720 Printer within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hallo my printer will not print anything from the web or from text i have changed the colour ink it

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hallo my printer will not print anything from the web or from text i have changed the colour ink it used to work. when i check the ink it shows black is full up, if black runs out but i got colour would it still work. Whatever i print the page comes out clear can you help! thank you

Old 04-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

If the printer has been sitting idle for a length of time, the printheads can clog.
Try running the Dell printer's Head Cleaning Utility.

Start > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Rightclick on your printer's icon > Properties > Maintenance

From there you should see the controls for Printhead Cleaning.
You should see an improvement after about 2-3 runs.
If not, we will have to try something else.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:57 AM   #3
Registered Member

Done what you said still not working all the test pages come out blank?.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Fold a paper towel into quarters and moisten with water.
Take out one of the cartridges and (very gently) see if it will blot a consistent pattern with light pressure.

If the cartridges will not blot, they have dried up and you will have to replace them.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:52 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hi just to say my ink has dryed and thank you
Old 05-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Thanks for posting back with your findings !

It's generally recommended that with an inkjet printer you should try to print at least one full-color page a week to keep the printhead clear.

I'll often print the 10-day forecast from Weather.com to have something at least semi-useful as a result.