Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Reset a printer, control panel locked out, no password

This is a discussion on Reset a printer, control panel locked out, no password within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Xerox Phaser 6360 that I must reset. I can't get in through the web interface because I

Old 12-15-2011, 05:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Xerox Phaser 6360 that I must reset. I can't get in through the web interface because I don't know the password and the control panel is locked? I've read that I must get a technician now? There's gotta be a way to reset this thing, anyone have any ideas?

/R
Ryan

Old 12-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

It wouldn't surprise me if it cannot be manually reset by the user. It's a security issue. No reason to have a lock mechanism if it can easily be bypassed by anyone.

But I don't know for sure.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Xp slow boot after splash screen
After the Windows Xp splash screen I get about 30 to 40 seconds of blackness (could be more) before the cursor appears. When I start in Safe Mode it takes a long time to load mup.sys but that could just be because it's the last one to load. Here's by most recent ntbtlog.txt: Service...
Sulla Windows XP Support 5 06-17-2013 10:29 AM
virus...
Hello, Recentlly I got a problem with a evil virus. It start to delete .dll files , don't alow me to enable antivirus or any program that affect it (close those automaticlly when they...scan the virus), it open some certain .exe files that slow down my internet acces at the limit where i can't...
iully25 Resolved HJT Threads 47 09-25-2011 02:48 PM
Cannot open anything?!
My mother managed to get a trojan/virus and after removing the infected files (An error I assume!) I can now open nothing at all. Everything comes up with the 'open with' box. I've searched for fixes on various forums but I can't find a solution. The laptop is from her work after she retired...
OllySims Resolved HJT Threads 16 07-04-2011 06:17 PM