Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Re: Canon i9100 driver won't install, Windows 7 64-bit

This is a discussion on Re: Canon i9100 driver won't install, Windows 7 64-bit within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hey, I am having a similiar problem. i Have a canon mx700 and all im trying to do is install

Old 01-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

hey,

I am having a similiar problem. i Have a canon mx700 and all im trying to do is install the simple drivers. everytime i go through the install process. it stops and says; Fax driver is currently in use. if you are not using the fax driver,it may be used by other users on this computer. Exit all applications and fax dialogs then try again.
If you still have problems, restart your computer.

I did all that and restarted uninstalled anything to do with Canon on my Computer. nothing running. This stupid warning still comes up.

i press ok and then the installation failure window comes up.

I press start over and it all starts again.

Please help!!!!

Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi, welcome to TSF

Are you using the disk that came with the printer to install or downloaded from net? if disk try from the net. Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : i9100

another thing you can try is go to start-search type in msconfig then right click run as adminastrator under services tab put hide all microsoft services and uncheck the rest then go to start up tab and uncheck everything and save and exit. restart computer and try installing the driver. if that doesn't work go back to msconfig and put it back to the way it was.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
oscer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!
Hi, For 2 weeks now, I have a problem with my laptop. Finally I just found you via http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/malware-removal-help-438072.html] and now I began hoping (please forgive my English!!). Could you please please help me too?? I have this laptop and more or...
Vladia Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 1 01-08-2012 08:16 AM
"System Fix" virus hijacked computer
Hello, I’ve got a computer infected with the “System Fix” Virus. I believe the OS is Windows XP Professional. Searching the Tech Support Forum lead me to this thread: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/im-in-trouble-614906.html Since that thread is getting quite long, I figured...
SilentJim Resolved HJT Threads 48 12-02-2011 08:10 AM
Request for assistance cleaning up/out virus & bad image errors
Hi there. With the hope someone may be able to navigate me through a fix to restore this laptop to its pre "Windows XP Recovery" virus state, and the further hope I've not frustrated the solution process going too far ahead solo, here goes... My laptop is a newer Dell running Windows XP (I...
dagtagit Resolved HJT Threads 74 06-14-2011 05:40 PM
Lets try this one more time
Hello, Randomly after I start my computer (I'm probably connected to the internet too) windows shoots up "Generic Host for Win32 processes has encountered an error and needs to close". After that I receive svchost.exe - Application Errors (The instruction at "0x001a6f64" referenced memory at...
TheCommonUser Inactive Malware Help Topics 21 06-12-2011 10:10 AM
XP PRO no start when I push start button
I have recently formatted my primary hard drive and reloaded XP Pro. I then had issues with it wanting to start from the CD at one point but after a few reboots a second format / reinstall and numerous windows updates it seems to be working fine with the exception of ... if I turn the machine off...
cmorejava Motherboards, Bios & CPU 8 01-29-2011 10:51 AM