Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Printer won't print in adobe reader

This is a discussion on Printer won't print in adobe reader within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone, I have a challenging problem to solve. My network printer is installed on my server running Windows Server

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi everyone,

I have a challenging problem to solve. My network printer is installed on my server running Windows Server 2003. It will print in all applications on the client machine except adobe reader. Nothing I do seems to allow this thing to print PDF files. The printer in question is an HP 4050N. Here's what I tried... Suggestions are welcome!

-Tried updating drivers on server
-Tried upgrading from adobe reader 9 to the latest version from adobe's website(ver.10).
- I CAN print PDF's from client computer to a different network printer.(HP 4100)

So to summarize, the printer will print other files besides PDF's, and I can Print PDF's from that machine if I assign a different printer to it. Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks!

Old 02-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I should probably add that Adobe Reader X says that it encounters an error and closes. Also the OS on the client machine is Windows XP SP3

Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I fixed the problem myself...sorta

I just set up a different printer there and now it works for that machine. Turns out it had to do with a conflict between that user's user account and the HP 4050. Under my account on that machine, I can print PDF's to the 4050 but he couldn't. However, he could print PDF's to a different network printer. So...still not sure what caused it but at least I found a work around.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Virus Removal
On my other computer with the virus, it says "svchost.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created" Also, I cannot use the internet other than to search Google. DDS (Ver_10-12-12.02) - NTFSx86 Run by user at...
Activeradio Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 1 02-19-2011 06:38 AM
Viruses, Lagging, Crashing, explorer, svchost, system32 and more..
I'm at wits end with my computer and think I'll have to get it sent to a professional but alas, I'm in Oz, I don't know who to go to or what prices they charge or how long they hold it for. I start uni again in a month and I want a working computer - so this is my last resort! Will try to explain...
sillychook Resolved HJT Threads 20 02-06-2011 03:12 AM
I cannot download files like QuiikTime, iTunes, Norton, etc
UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG. IF REQUESTED, ZIP IT UP & ATTACH IT DDS (Ver_10-12-12.02) Microsoft Windows XP Professional Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume2 Install Date: 12/24/2010 5:34:32 PM System Uptime: 1/25/2011 10:07:58 AM (1 hours ago) Motherboard: Intel...
kagyen Inactive Malware Help Topics 0 02-01-2011 11:19 AM
Printer doesnt print dead in the middle of the paper....
When i print from the main paper tray on my printer it prints dead in the middle. But when i try to print from the MP (multi purpose) tray it doesnt print dead in the middle it is way off. Can anyone tell me how to set this up to print dead on? Im trying to print on 520mm x 111mm paper but...
j4g3d Printer Support 1 01-30-2011 08:36 AM
Our shared printer can't PRINT
please help me.... we running a windows 7 Home Basic, we have a 4 desktops and 6 laptops connected to each other and they are in the same IP Address Subnet and same Workgroup and I properly shared the printer from the desktop that the printer is originaly installed. when I test it to print from...
TechReader Networking Support 9 01-27-2011 01:04 AM