Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Printer says remove paper jam, but there is no paper jam

This is a discussion on Printer says remove paper jam, but there is no paper jam within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My friend has an HP Photosmart C7280 all in one. It persistently says to clear a paper jam in the

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

Roll Eyes

My friend has an HP Photosmart C7280 all in one. It persistently says to clear a paper jam in the duplexer unit. I removed the duplexer and there is no paper in the unit. I tried restarting the printer and it will not shut down. I unplugged the printer and plugged it back in again; it restarted fine, but still gives me the paper jam message. She is running Windows XP and I am running Windows 7.

Is the printer just fried, or what?

Old 10-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Likely a faulty sensor. If it's under warranty, have it serviced. Otherwise, replace it.

Google is your Friend!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to masterjed Send a message via MSN to masterjed Send a message via Skype™ to masterjed

Try to reset the printer, Press and hold the red eye remove and the print photo, then a message on the screen will ask you to enter the special key combo, remove your fingers on the red eye and print photo, press red eye + print photo + red eye in that sequence. Then you will be directed to the support menu, press the right arrow key twice and press ok to the reset menu, press again the right arrow key twice and press ok on semi-full reset. Print will restart in a few secs. and you need to turn it back on manually. Let me know on whats the result.