Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

network printing garbage

This is a discussion on network printing garbage within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. my printer toshiba estudio 167 when i send a print job from any computer from the network it keep printing

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

my printer toshiba estudio 167 when i send a print job from any computer from the network it keep printing garbage. Before it was working fine and then it start printing garbage, i uninstall the driver and reinstall it but still same problem, what the issue and how can i fix that

Old 08-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #2

First, which driver? PCL5e, PCL6, or Postscript? Or all?
Second: what programs are you printing from? If PDF's, and others, it will need the Postscript driver. Word, Excel, etc., will use the PCL5e/6 driver. The driver files you have may be corrupt. Delete them completely, and download from HP. Turn off firewall and antivirus for download and install.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
Registered Member

the driver am using are pcl6. i try what you told me and it is still not working
Old 09-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to masterjed Send a message via MSN to masterjed Send a message via Skype™ to masterjed

If you have other printers installed in your computer that is not needed or your not using, please uninstall it. (Please do not access your system registry if you are not sure or you have never done openning registry before, ask IT personnel's assistance. You can also delete it from the registry by going to Start>RUN> type "regedit" expand HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers right click on the printer name and choose delete.) Install again the printer driver. And before using, please open Start>RUN>type "services.msc" look for "Print Spooler" and click restart located at the left pane. Please let me know if this works.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
Registered Member

it doesn't work. Still same problem