Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Need help getting laptop to print without being connected

This is a discussion on Need help getting laptop to print without being connected within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just bought an HP Pavilion laptop, windows 7 OS, I have a desktop Windows XP. I have an HP

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

I just bought an HP Pavilion laptop, windows 7 OS, I have a desktop Windows XP. I have an HP Photosmart 3180 series connected to the desktop. I have both computers set to share the printer. The laptop has recognized the printer and then says there is an error printing. How can I solve this without having to hook up the laptop each time I want to print?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odd laptop motherboard/RAM issue
Hello all, I'm a new member here looking for some assistance with an HP laptop that I have. I posted my issues in another forum, so please forgive me for copying and pasting my problem. ORIGINAL ISSUE: Alright, well I've got a really strange laptop problem that I'm looking for some...
bobbylx Laptop Support 1 03-06-2011 10:18 PM
connected but no internet - help!
Trying to help a friend with the following. She has an older desktop (XP) with a wired connection to netgear modem/router (working for 3 years with no problems) and a 1 year old laptop with a wireless connection to the same modem/router with no problems till yesterday (windows 7). The laptop could...
jb1468 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 2 02-16-2011 11:02 AM
[SOLVED] URGENT: Need to backup laptop, but theres more to it than that...
URGENT: Need to backup laptop, but theres more to it than that... Hi, === HOW I GOT INTO THIS MESS == I need some urgent help to do with my laptop. Yesterday, I dropped my glass on top of it (I know, im stupid :sigh: ) while the lid was down, and the screen shattered. It looked kind of like...
badmanhuzi Windows XP Support 6 01-20-2011 07:19 PM
Laptop wont turn on when battery is connected
My acer aspire 5517 laptop works fine only if i take the battery out and plug the charger in it but if i turn it on with the battery on it, it turns on but the screen doesnt show anything it just blacks out, its weird. Does anybody know whats wrong? maybe the battery or some kid of cable or...
BillyBobHoe Laptop Support 1 01-18-2011 04:12 PM
Wireless Blu Ray Makes Laptop Unable to Connect to Router
I have a Dell Dimension 4400 pc (XP SP3) connected to Linksys WRT54G2 v1.5 router with no issues. Dell Inspirion (XP) connected to router with Linksys WPC54G Wireless notebook adapter with no issues for months. A couple of days ago, purchased a Vizio Blu Ray DVD Player (VBR220) with WiFi. I...
wrinklem Networking Support 3 01-05-2011 03:03 PM