Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Lexmark S305 color problem

This is a discussion on Lexmark S305 color problem within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi! When I print a test page with my lexmark s305, the square that should be yellow is different shades

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi!

When I print a test page with my lexmark s305, the square that should be yellow is different shades of green. I tried printing a picture of a chicken as well, and the parts that should've been yellow were green!
I've chosen "adjust" in the settings menu, but the problem persist.

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you!

Old 04-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Enthusiast

It sounds like the yellow ink (and maybe some other colour) is not getting through the ink delivery system because it's blocked by dried-up ink. This can happen if all the colours are not used regularly, ideally every couple of days.

Try using the cleaning process in the Lexmark printer driver, and if that doesn't work you may need to use cleaning cartridges which contain solvent instead of ink. However, whilst these are readily available online for Canon, HP & Epson printers, not so easy to find for Lexmark models.

In extreme cases, even they won't shift the blockage & the printer has to be scrapped, as happened to me a few years ago with my Epson.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lexmark X6575 "cover open" problem
I have a Lexmark X6575 printer which has worked fine until recently now when the printer is switched on I get a "cover open" message. I have read in some reviews that other people have had this message which was attributed to a broken switch. However, my printer, if left alone for between five and...
gcha Printer Support 0 04-16-2011 05:31 AM
[SOLVED] Lexmark x7675 hung up
My Lexmark X7675 printer is hung up - it will not print a document and it will not delete it. Requests to delete the document from through the computer have not worked. I have pulled the plug on the printer for about 10 minutes and that did not delete the document either. How do I get this...
bajachuck Printer Support 0 03-22-2011 12:16 PM
Lexmark 901 will not print from Outlook
I just installed a new Lexmark Pro901 wireless printer. It prints documents perfectly from everything except Outlook. I have reinstalled to no avail. Lexmark helpdesk say I need to change outlook settings but they cannot say how. I run windows Vista. Can anybody help please
Mbeecheno Printer Support 2 03-10-2011 02:39 PM
lexmark 2600 3in1
i have a lexmark 2600 3in1. i cant find my cd to install on my laptop. i tried to download it. but, wouldnt take. i dont understand why. so, how can i get another lexmark cd????????????
sue curran Printer Support 1 02-21-2011 01:21 AM
Lexmark printer not working. Need it working in 1 hour. please help!
Hello, My printer is not printing. It's saying it cannot connect to computer try unplugging usb, unplugging printer or restarting the computer. (which doesn't help) However, the scanner seems to work. It's a Lexmark x75. I haven't used it in a long time (perhaps never on this...
nbtsmm Windows XP Support 2 02-08-2011 01:30 AM