Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Konica Minolta BizHub C35 vs Lexmark X790

This is a discussion on Konica Minolta BizHub C35 vs Lexmark X790 within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Everyone, The business that I work for is considering getting between 1 & 3 A4 Multi-Function Printers. At this

Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

The business that I work for is considering getting between 1 & 3 A4 Multi-Function Printers. At this point I have narrowed down the selection of MFP to two models from competing companies. The models that take my interest are...

Konica Minolta BizHub C35

Lexmark X796

In terms of hardware the Lexmark looks to be superior, being a slightly larger unit, and having a higher PPM spec.

However I am not interested in the specs at this point, instead I am looking for other people's usage experiences. Have you used one or both of the printers above? If so would you mind contributing your opinion in the areas of...
  • Ease of use
  • Durability (how long do these printers last)
  • Reliability (do they jam often, do they take cold weather, etc)

Any contributions will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Old 08-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

I haven't seen either of these models but I have owned Minolta laser printers and Lexmark laser printers and currently own a Lemark C544 which a relatively inexpensive color laser printer I have used quite a lot in my business for 4 years and it is the best laser printer I have ever owned. I had a Minolta I threw away after 2 years as it was way too slow and seemed to eat through cartridges. I also owned Samsung and HP and this Lexmark has convinced me they are the best.

Comparing the specs, the Lexmark is considerably faster. Other than that I see little difference except for the large touch print screen which I would bet is also a major advantage. Now lets also note that one is compact and the other really large so I assume there is a reason you are comparing these two, but I can't figure out what it is.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Rich-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Rich-M,

Thanks for your feedback. I am comparing these two disparate printers because they are similarly priced on lease / managed printer service contracts (with two different prospective suppliers).

Kind Regards,

Davo
Old 08-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Ok well I knew there had to be some tie in.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Rich-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #5
- Design Team
- Networking Team

My System

I haven't used many Minolta devices, but I have to say that all the Lexmark products I've owned have been bulletproof.

Fjandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
Hardware Tech Team

OS: WindowsXP, Vista SP2, Win7 SP1, Win8.1, Ubuntu LiveCD 12.02, Cisco IOS

My System

I've had both KM and Lexmark products over the years as the other fellows mention. They are both good machines. I've noticed that parts like Drum Kits and Fusers for older KM's are notoriously hard to get--since they all come from Japan--and brokers charge exhorbitant prices for them. I was one of those brokers about 10 yrs. ago in B2B Telemarketing.

I would vote for Lexmark, as they are an IBM subsidiary company, and being an ex-IBMer I'm prejudiced as we had hundreds of Lexmark laser printers in our Regional Office buildings (Costa Mesa & Los Angeles, CA) and they really hold up. Parts are mostly manufactured, or at least assembled here in the US, but that was 10-15 yrs. ago. But, because of their volume of units sold, parts for these things are much more available on the market and places like eBay & Amazon.

All Laser printers breakdown, I don't care what brand they are--I used to have like 80 of 'em on the network I used to run, and I had service contracts on them all! The key is how easy is it to fix them? How available are the parts for aging Modles on the parts brokerage Market? And what is the total Cost of Ownership? Lexmark has the thumbs up on all of those in my opinion.

I vote Lexmark!

BIGBEARJEDI
Old 09-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
Registered Member

Hello All,

Thanks for your input. I am definitely swaying towards Lexmark now, particularly with what BIGBEARJEDI wrote.

Kind Regards,

Davo
Old 09-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #8
Hardware Tech Team

OS: WindowsXP, Vista SP2, Win7 SP1, Win8.1, Ubuntu LiveCD 12.02, Cisco IOS

My System

You're quite welcome! Thanks for the feedback.

Good luck with your purchase!

BBJ