Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Kodak Hero 7.1

This is a discussion on Kodak Hero 7.1 within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Left my printer out of use for abvout 6 months and cartridges dried up, worked fine before this. Replaced both

Old 08-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

Left my printer out of use for abvout 6 months and cartridges dried up, worked fine before this.

Replaced both with genuine Kodak cartridges, the colour is fine, the black is not. No error msgs. Prints out very faint/nothing, and the faint bits have all lines going through it. Cleaned Printhead. Kodak think its the print head needing replacing, does that sound right?

Thanks in advance

Old 08-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
Enthusiast

New printhead, yes that does sound right since the comment is coming from a company who will profit from that advice. Seriously, though, it may well be the best option. You can remove the printhead and try cleaning it at home in hot soapy water, rinse, then leaving it to dry thoroughly. Certainly won't leave you any worse off than you are now, and may well do the trick.

I future, you must use an inkjet printer every few days to avoid printhead blockages (the driver's nozzle-cleaning routine can only clear moderate blockages, and wastes expensive ink in the process).

Anyone who cannot guarantee that they'll be using a printer every week should not really be buying one as it may prove to be more trouble than it's worth. In such cases, it's often better to ask a friend to print what you need, and offer to contribute towards ink costs.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Asus Xonar DX 7.1 and Logitech x-540 problems
Hi... I'm new here so sorry in advance for anything I miss or mess up :popcorn: I have recently (several months ago now) purchased the Asus Xonar DX 7.1 and have had it installed since the day it turned up (obviously :rofl: ) when the card turned up I was using the Logitech x-530 (2.1) speaker...
Yettee Sound Cards 3 06-18-2012 07:47 PM
Kodak files for bankruptcy
Kodak has filed for bankruptcy after years of not keeping up with the digital age Kodak files for bankruptcy - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) Ironically they were the leaders in wet photography (film etc) and then were the first to make a digital camera commercially available...
zuluclayman Photographer's Corner 6 01-21-2012 12:09 AM
Kodak 7250 - unable to print over wireless network
I have a Kodak ESP7250 which I've been using for some months now on my wireless network with no problem at all. Until now. Previously my pc was connected to the wireless router via an ethernet cable, and I had no problem setting up the printer. Last week I installed a wireless adaptor into my...
dangermole Printer Support 2 06-21-2011 04:40 PM
Kodak ESP7 ink system
I own an EXP7 Kodak printer and from day (nearly) one , I have had an aggravation with the printer. When either cartridge gets to a certain low level, then neither cartridge will work. If the black gets very low, the color will not work, and vice versa. I am hoping that there is a way to work...
Bobhen127 Printer Support 2 02-04-2011 04:57 PM