Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

HP printer and windows vista

This is a discussion on HP printer and windows vista within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My HP printer will make both bw & color copies And scan great,but from the desk top will do only

Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

My HP printer will make both bw & color copies
And scan great,but from the desk top will do only BW ever time and Ie'v reloaded the driver. New ink and have reset to factory defaults.Thanks

Old 02-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Does it print in colour when you perform the nozzle-check in the printer driver's maintenance section? If not, the printhead nozzles may be blocked with dried-up ink.
In which case you need to run the driver's nozzle-cleaning utility a few times.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
Registered Member

All the maintenance and test functions come out just right both printer and pc driven.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
Moderator - Networking

Just a thought, but are the properties for the printer set to only print in black and white?

Computers help us fix problems that we would not have without them...

Shekka is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Extremely annoying Windows XP problem, still no answers...
I've posted this before, but no answers. I'm really trying to avoid having to reload Windows, but this is REALLY getting annoying. First: I'm running XP Pro, fully updated, on a DELL XPS 600. IE 8 is installed, but the problem also occurs if I use Firefox. I have a number of web sites I use...
kozureokami Windows XP Support 6 02-28-2012 05:57 AM
Re: COMPAQ PRESARIO NO POWER AND NO CHARGING
Sorry to kick up this topic, but I have the same problem. Did you find any solution for this? tia! ;)
JohnytheRipper Laptop Support 3 02-27-2012 09:58 AM
Problem with ASUS 5770. All goes black and fan noise from hell
Hey guys. New here and pretty new to hardware problems since most of my PC's in the past have worked flawlessly. I am a noob if you will, and I think I have a problem with my graphics card. This is my current set up: Win 7 64 SP1 Mother board: M4A88T-M Phenom II X6 8 gig RAM
morex Video Card Support 2 02-27-2012 07:06 AM
Windows update
Hello there, I'm troubled by daily downloading of windows updates to my PC whenevr I access internet, it eats the browsing speed. I just don't want any download for updates. But,in controlpanel>windows update>change settings> the settings are disabled in my PC. See the screen shot attached. Help...
santiw25 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 4 02-27-2012 05:22 AM
Problem with wuauclt.exe and Windows Update.
I really hope this is in the right area. Anyway, I've been having a problem with wuauclt.exe for a while now and only recently that it started to get on my nerves. Luckily it's not malware but I believe it's corrupted due to the error popping up. Is there a way to fix that? I'm not sure...
Sacredx Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 3 02-26-2012 09:53 PM