Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

hp photosmart c8180 scan to computer issue

This is a discussion on hp photosmart c8180 scan to computer issue within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My HP Photosmart C8180 refuses to scan to computer. I can copy/print a photo or document, I can scan to

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Pin

My HP Photosmart C8180 refuses to scan to computer. I can copy/print a photo or document, I can scan to a memory device, but it will NOT scan a photo or document to my computer. I get the following message: "No scan options. Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot." In the past I've called HP and they usually uninstall, reinstall, tweak and generally somehow force the printer to scan stuff to the computer for me. But when I don't use the feature for a month or two, I find I'm back at square one. I can't figure out what the problem is other than that the HP tech says it's not compatible with W7. They've loaded and reloaded the drivers. When I try to uninstall and reinstall from the ground up, it won't even install. This time I am not uninstalling as the printer is now off warranty. Can anyone out there help me with this issue?

Old 11-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

You can try using a Vista driver. Without knowing what they were doing to resolve the issue, I don't know what to recommend. Typically, if hardware isn't supported by an OS, I suggest replacing the hardware.

Google is your Friend!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I'll go a head and try the uninstall/reinstall route again. bleh.