Re: HP Photosmart C7200 offline -help !
Mine does the same thing.
To check communications between the computer and your HP, try the following:
- On the printer, press the Setup button
- Scroll down to Network and press OK
- Scroll to View Network Settings and press OK
- Scroll to Display Wireless Summary and press OK
- Make a note of the IP Address (e.g. 10.1.1.3)
- Open your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer)
- Type the IP address of the printer in the Address bar and press Enter
(This should display the HP PHOTOSMART C7200 Series window showing your Device Information ).
- Click on Webscan (under Applications in the left-hand pane of the window)
- Click on Preview in the Webscan window that opens.
If this causes your HP to perform a scan then your computer is communicating with the HP just fine.
Now, to solve the Offline issue, try the following:
- Click on Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes (Windows XP); or Start > Control Panel and double-click on Printers (Windows Vista)
- Right-click on the HP Photosmart C7200 series and select Use Printer Online
Your HP should now function as it should.
Unfortunately I don't know why it keeps switching to Use Printer Offline mode, or how to prevent it from doing so, but next time you encounter this problem, just repeat the last set of steps to switch your HP to Use Printer Online again.