Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

HP Officejet K7100 not printing

This is a discussion on HP Officejet K7100 not printing within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have had a new hard drive installed on my computer, and have now re-installed the driver softwear for my

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

I have had a new hard drive installed on my computer, and have now re-installed the driver softwear for my printer - HP Officejet K7100 - when I try and print the print job goes in to the queue and either says print error, or connecting to printer but it won't actually print.

This printer used to work fine before I had my new hard drive installed. When I go to the print option there are a few printers to choose from - Officejet K7100, officejet K7100-1, officejet K7100-2 - I think there are a few options as i have downloaded the driver a couple of times in attempt to make it work.

I have also reinstalled the softwear for my scanner - Epson perfection V350 Photo - and this will no longer work - it is connected to the computer but comes up with the little exclamation mark in a red circle.

I can use computers but not great when things don't work, and as both printer and scanner are now out of warranty I can't get help from the supplier.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Power off and disconnect the printer, Uninstall the software/drivers using Add and Remove programs, and then delete any remaining printers (Officejet K7100, officejet K7100-1, officejet K7100-2) listed under printers and reboot.

After Windows has rebooted, reinstall the HP software/drivers using the installation CD. Follow the prompts and connect the printer when told to do so. When it's complete, you should get a test print.

Google is your Friend!
Closed Thread