Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

hp deskjet keeps printing alignment page

This is a discussion on hp deskjet keeps printing alignment page within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi: Since i changed operating systems from WindowsXP32bit to Windows7 64bit, my printer keeps printing alignment pages. It will do

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi:
Since i changed operating systems from WindowsXP32bit to Windows7 64bit, my printer keeps printing alignment pages. It will do it when i power on the printer, and it will do it after each printout. So far ive looked at HP's deskjet page. The HP Toolbox software isnt supported by Windows7, meaning that the handy print alignment and cartridge ink level software cant be used. I went to Hp's print alignment page ,they give you steps on what buttons to press on the printer to print an alignment page, to clean the printheads,print a print quality diagnostic page [which didnt work] ,and also to calibrate linefeed. I also cleaned the ink cartridges contacts and cleaned off any dry ink.

None of that seemed to help. Does anyone know a solution to this? [this printer does not have a scanner by the way].

I like this printer, and since theres very few "windows7 compatible" printers available at this time, id like to keep this one.

Thanking you

Old 04-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to masterjed Send a message via MSN to masterjed Send a message via Skype™ to masterjed

Can I have the printer model?

Old 04-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

yes sorry its a deskjet 5650
Old 04-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to masterjed Send a message via MSN to masterjed Send a message via Skype™ to masterjed

you need to install the printer first to a windows xp or vista and do the alignment using the toolbox before transferring to windows 7
Old 04-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
Registered Member

Hi:

Thank you for your reply. I am a bit confused, because in between posts to this site, i went to the HP support site and had an online chat with a tech rep who walked me through a "stand-alone" test.
USB cable unplugged as well as power. Then just power plugged in. The printer did the same thing [printing alignment pages], without the USB cable connected. The guy said that there is a hardware problem with the printer and it requires service or replacement. Im not 100% convinced of that.
Im still tempted to take your advice, however i would have to find someone with an XP machine, being that my hard drive only has a Windows7 partition.
I will check if my friends have an XP pc that i can test the printer on.

Thanking you again.

Ed
Old 04-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Just let me know on the result. Cheers!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:51 AM   #7
Registered Member

I am using HP deskjet.I will get the best work from it.

Brochure design
Old 06-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #8

You can uninstall then reinstall. when you change the cartridge's, do it with the pc shut down.