Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

HP Designjet 500 Plotter/Printer Memory

This is a discussion on HP Designjet 500 Plotter/Printer Memory within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Well I received my printer yesterday. There was no problem installing it. We just plugged it into our computer and

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #1
Registered Member

Well I received my printer yesterday. There was no problem installing it. We just plugged it into our computer and the computer did the rest. The computer searched for drivers and next thing you know, we were printing.

The only problem I have now is, I am trying to print large graphic files. The printer is not printing the whole graphic. It skips around. I noticed on the display that it said Not Enough Memory. I checked around on the display menu and noticed that there is 32mb or ram. Should I up grade? I hope that solves the problem. Is anyone familiar with printing large files. Is there a way to reduce the size of the file and still print it large?

Old 12-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #2
Registered Member

Normally in this situation I'd say add some memory. but the manual says that no additional memory is required. In the print driver under the advanced tab check the box that says "Avoid Out Of Memory Condition". If that doesn't help, I'd say increase the memory anyway. The Designjet 800 can upgrade to 160MB, and the Designjet 500 may be able to recognize that much memory also.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Designjet 500.bmp (1.80 MB, 182 views)