Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

HP Color Laserjet 2840 Scan Error Message

This is a discussion on HP Color Laserjet 2840 Scan Error Message within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just reformatted my hard drive, re-installed Windows Server 2008 and installed the HP CLJ 2840 AIO by downloading drivers

Old 12-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

I just reformatted my hard drive, re-installed Windows Server 2008 and installed the HP CLJ 2840 AIO by downloading drivers from HP website. I can print but when I try to scan I get an error message on the printer display "Connect to PC" even though it is connected. I tried menu on the unit but cannot make it work. I don't have the original installation disc for the printer. Any suggestions be helpful.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Which drivers did you download for your Color Laserjet 2840, I don't see any for Windows Server 2008 on either of HP's websites (UK & USA)?

Old 12-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Registered Member

I had problem printing but got in touch with HP Helpdesk and he gave me a link for the print drivers which has enabled for the printer to work but not scanner. Tech guy said he could not find a driver for scan utility for WS 2008. I believe the driver link was for the MS XP Professional.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BOO/TDss.M boot sector virus plus others
Hi there and many thanks for the support forum. :wavey: I run Vista Home Basic SP2 on an eMachines 32-bit laptop. I normally have all updates helped along by Secunia, currently Windows auto updates are disabled, presumably by whatever bugs have gotten in. :mad: I have Avira Antivir free,...
grgster111 Resolved HJT Threads 26 10-04-2011 01:59 PM
Laptop barely works, can't access task manager
No access to a Windows install disc or a boot CD Computer takes way too long to start. Takes way too long to restart and shut down. The internet shuts off after a couple of hours and I have to restart the computer. Pop-up keeps appearing even when a web page isn't open....
BalloonBottle Resolved HJT Threads 21 07-25-2011 02:36 PM
Windows Vista Recovery virus
Greetings. First time poster here. Today I encountered this issue. I read a few other posts he that retold me to run the unhide .exe so my screen is no longer blank. In addition, one of the threads I had been following here instructs me to get the volsnap.sys file and put it on my Desktop and then...
bluehens214 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 70 06-17-2011 09:21 PM
[SOLVED] i think my system is still infected.
i had the win7 home security 2011 and today it came back i was able to use system restore to fix the issue but i think somtihngs still in the pc just because of the way it came back. i was on youtube and clicked a video and it redirected me to another page then explorer restarted and it was there....
sirtokesalot Resolved HJT Threads 25 05-14-2011 10:01 AM
My Google Searches Are Being Redirected to Alternative Advertisersv- Oh! Boy!
Hi - My name is Michael and I have only stumbled upon this group. I am somewhat of a neophyte and apologize ahead of time for any future unintentional blunders. I believe I have followed the rules but if I have not ... please do not hesitate to bring it to my attention. I would also like to...
mike062759 Resolved HJT Threads 38 03-05-2011 02:41 PM