Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

EPSON WF-6590

This is a discussion on EPSON WF-6590 within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I've got a bit of a strange one - I believe this is down to the printer's permissions. I

Old 01-03-2017, 07:16 AM   #1
Design Team

OS: Windows 7 64-Bit - Ubunuty 10.04 - Windows Server 2008

My System

Send a message via MSN to Silverj2k7 Send a message via Yahoo to Silverj2k7

Hello,

I've got a bit of a strange one - I believe this is down to the printer's permissions.

I have a small domain (SBS 2011), with the DC and Print server on the same machine.

The EPSON WF-6590 was installed onto the Print Server via Disc, and is shared.

As an Administrator - I can open up the Printer Preferences but as a standard user I cannot.

Under the "Print Server Properties" - I've set "EVERYONE" to:
-Print
-Manage Printers
-Manage Documents

But this doesn't enable "Printer Preferences" for standard domain users.

Any advice?

Kind regards,
Silverj2k7

Old 01-06-2017, 02:10 AM   #2
Design Team

OS: Windows 7 64-Bit - Ubunuty 10.04 - Windows Server 2008

My System

Send a message via MSN to Silverj2k7 Send a message via Yahoo to Silverj2k7

Another clue.

Turns out in the user manual that when you install the printer via DISC you get ALL of the printer preference options.

However, when you install over the network - I don't get all the additional options.

This is pointing me in the direction of the actual driver that is installed.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Extremely slow laptop
Hi, I have a laptop (mother-in-laws) which is an Aspire 5336 running Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1. This machine is running extremely slow, not from initial boot up, but more when any application is being opened, i.e. MS Word, Briefcase, My Computer, etc; anything really, and is as equally slow...
headly Resolved HJT Threads 19 08-20-2016 06:38 PM
Virus makes my 3 screens go dark - help!
Hello, I posted a detailed description of my problem in Hardware, where the moderator advised me that the problem is a virus, not the hardware. I have 3 screens and they all went dark. So my first question is, how can I go onto my computer (Windows 10) even to get to Safe Mode if I can't even see...
BethD Resolved HJT Threads 41 05-01-2016 10:39 AM
requested logs for Windows email disappeared, AVG Free 2014 stops scanning at 60% and
requested logs for Windows email disappeared, AVG Free 2014 stops scanning and more I believe I posted to the wrong forum earlier today. Sorry -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_x86 NETWORK Internet Explorer:...
do what? Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 87 01-24-2015 03:31 PM
Internet Explorer stops responding or runs slow
I have an older laptop with an Intel processor and 4GB of RAM running Vista. I am having issues which seem mainly to be in Internet Explorer and to a lesser extent in other programs as well. There are times when going into Windwos Mail that I get a message at the top of the page that says not...
jackdup Resolved HJT Threads 61 01-03-2015 03:15 PM
Malware taking over my computer
My computer was attacked by Malware at 10.30am Wednesday 15th June. I was using the PC when Icons started to go missing and a window opened up covering most of the screen claiming to be restore software for Windows/XP. It said that it was initiating a PC performance & stability analysis report...
13hastings Resolved HJT Threads 16 06-26-2011 11:23 AM