Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Epson RX500 Printer Error See documentation and call service if necessary

This is a discussion on Epson RX500 Printer Error See documentation and call service if necessary within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Need help with epson RX500 printer Error I powered on my printer and got an error see printer documentation and

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 10:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

Need help with epson RX500 printer Error I powered on my printer and got an error see printer documentation and call service if necessary. I downloaded SCC Service Utility and I tried resetting by pressing POWER-LOAD-EJECT-STOP-B+W-COLOR all at the same time when info appeared I pressed the color botton then it said press power so I did. When I powered back on nothing changed I got the same error message and the red light remains lit. Does anyone know what else I can try. I cannot figure out how to uninstall the epson status monitor thing. Please help!!!

Old 06-29-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikayla
Need help with epson RX500 printer Error I powered on my printer and got an error see printer documentation and call service if necessary. I downloaded SCC Service Utility and I tried resetting by pressing POWER-LOAD-EJECT-STOP-B+W-COLOR all at the same time when info appeared I pressed the color botton then it said press power so I did. When I powered back on nothing changed I got the same error message and the red light remains lit. Does anyone know what else I can try. I cannot figure out how to uninstall the epson status monitor thing. Please help!!!
Greetings amikayla,
The above proceedure does work. I have used it myself successfuly.
Try this method:

Press and HOLD all following buttons: Power, Load/Eject, Stop, B&W, Color. Continue to hold the buttons until "Init Eeprom" appears on the printer screen. Press Color button to clear protection counter.

Best of luck, ultra_classic

Old 06-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

hi ultra

tried both of these solutions and neather have worked for me is there anything else i can do????
Old 07-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
Registered Member

Re: Epson RX500 Printer Error. See Documentation And Call Service If Necessary

Thanks, Amikayla and Ultra Classic for the info. Had been having this trouble with our RX500 intermittently for about a month. I tried the reset advice, and it is working so far. We are running this thru a PowerMac G5. Thanks again.