Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Color Problems

This is a discussion on Color Problems within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've got an Epson Stylus CX5400 that hasn't gotten the colors right since I changed the ink cartrages. It seems

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Aeuzent Send a message via MSN to Aeuzent Send a message via Yahoo to Aeuzent

I've got an Epson Stylus CX5400 that hasn't gotten the colors right since I changed the ink cartrages. It seems that the only two colors I'm getting when I print are red and black. Maybe a little blue, but not much. According to every sensor the ink cartriges are full. Cleaning the heads didn't solve the problems. I even went as far as to double check that each cartrige was what it says it was (blue was blue, red was red and so on)

I'm getting sick of this and would like to know where else to go for color problems.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
I helped the forums.

OS: XP-Pro Sp2 & XP-Pro Sp2 Tablet Edition, Vista Ultimate, Win 7

My System

chances are the print heads dried up, you'll need to get some cleaning fluid or cleaner cartridge from epson and run through the cycle. With Epson's, you cannot allow the ink cart. to dry up or take the empty cart. out until you have the replacement to put in it's place, following that will help avert the heads from drying out, as will printing a page once a week or so if the printer is not used often.
Closed Thread
Gear in this thread