Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Canon Pixma ip2600 cartridges

This is a discussion on Canon Pixma ip2600 cartridges within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have recently purchased this printer, and it came the two free Canon cartridges. As Canon cartridges are very

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
I have recently purchased this printer, and it came the two free Canon cartridges.
As Canon cartridges are very expensive, I have purchased some compatibles with 24ml in them, from a reputable company.
When I put the cartridges in the printer the printer status is showing as empty cartridges, and yesterday it says the colour has run out, so the black that was showing as running low would not print (I understand that when the colour runs out you cannot print in black).
So I have two new 24ml cartridges, the black showing almost empty, and the colour showing empty.
Would anyone know why the printer is not recognising and telling me that the cartridges are full, any help will be gratefully appreciated.
Regards,
Peter.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:53 AM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

All of the Pixma iPxxxx printers, I believe use chipped ink cartridges. The chip identifies the cartridge and ink levels to the printer. Some places supply cartridges with and without the chip. In any case, even of the popular refilled brands that I use has this note on their cartridges: "Please be aware that due to changes in printer programming the ink levels for this particular cartridge might appear to be low or empty. It is indeed full and will print a full yield."

Bottom line, try a different brand or stick with the Canon cartridges.

Google is your Friend!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hello Dogg,
Thank you very much for coming back to me with an explanation.