Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Canon mp830 Cost per print on 4x6's ??

This is a discussion on Canon mp830 Cost per print on 4x6's ?? within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Anyone ever done an exact cost per print on 4x6's for this printer.. I'm not sure, but i think the

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Anyone ever done an exact cost per print on 4x6's for this printer..

I'm not sure, but i think the official value told by Canon is a high 50 cents per pic.. but this seems rather high.. these numbers are usually inflated...

Thanks

Old 03-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via ICQ to V0lt
If you buy generic paper and ink, the price can hover around 25 cents. There are also inkwell mods that take the ink wells outside of the printers and snake surgical tubing into the print heads to save on the cost of refilling ink. Of course, this kind of setup will only pay for itself after thousands of prints.

Regardless, my experience has been that the best quality comes from a professional processing lab, like Clark or shutterfly. They also have the added benefit of costing as little as $.11 per print, with reasonable shipping costs.

Try both your printer and a send-out, and see which one is more convenient for you.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yeah, I was going to compare with a site like snapfish and see how the quality was.. they are also around 11 cents per print.

I was also assuming that the 50 cents per print canon says.. DOESNT include paper?

The cheapest paper, in quanties of 120 or so, online, Canon brand, I've found is about 9.5 cents per print (4x6)...

Thanks for the info