Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

Cannot print wordpad documents

This is a discussion on Cannot print wordpad documents within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. All I get is a blank paper when I try to print a wordpad document. It goes through all the

Old 12-27-2011, 04:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

All I get is a blank paper when I try to print a wordpad document. It goes through all the motions of printing, but nothing appears on the paper. It is a new printer w/new cartridges (HP deskjet 3940). I am able to print emails and anything off the internet okay but not documents in wordpad. Can anyone help? Thanks

Old 12-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

If you have been using the "Print" icon so far, try this:

Quote:
Open your document in WordPad. Click on the "File" heading at the top of the program and select the "Print" option from the drop-down menu that appears.

If your printer isn't listed in the Print menu, click on the "Add Printer" option to add your printer. If your printer does show up in the "Print" menu, click on it and try to print your document.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for your response, but I have tried doing that procedure 50 times, also tried using the icon. The only way I can get a copy of the document is to email it from the drop down menu to myself and then print it off the email. In the end, I get the result that I want, but it's inconvenient and I shouldn't have to do it that way. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't Print? Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue
I am having a problem with hp laserjet 1018 printer, printer is connected in client area with xp sp2 computer connected to domain network , problem is printer is working fine only in that connected xp machine when i logon as admin & user , but other computers in network is cant print even...
sasi.server Printer Support 4 12-23-2012 07:50 AM
Print queue won’t delete (and stopping the Print Spooler doesn’t help)
The problem I’m confronted with –a print queue that won’t delete– seems easy to solve, but no matter what I’ve tried… nothing works. When searching for a solution on forums on the internet, the standard solution that I keep running into is this: go to the control panel > administrative tools >...
nicorutten Printer Support 23 08-11-2011 09:57 AM
Not able to print to HP2050. It was working earlier!!
I had recently purchased a HP Deskjet 2050 to be used with my Acer AspireOne - Win 7 starter. I had followed the installation instructions and it was working all right till last week. Now it does not work. i.e, if I try to print from PDF/MS-Word/Notebook/MS-Excel etc etc, it just does not print....
psvinay Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 13 08-02-2011 01:17 AM
Microsoft printing issues - huge list of fixes???
Hi, :smile: allow me to explain why the below copy/paste is messy. It's because I'd been having issues with both HP 6L, and now HP 5L printers. My issues practically mimic problems cited by the below OP. So for clarity, I culled the below from within a thread on a support forum affiliated with...
Minni Windows XP Support 9 07-29-2011 12:30 AM
Second User Folder in Documents and Settings
Hi, my name's David I turned on my computer today and found all my settings, my desktop icons, my favourites, my playlists in Media Player etc. were all missing. All my programs thought I was using them for the first time, it was as if I was a new user. When I searched for a document I'd...
Ovenready Windows XP Support 2 03-25-2011 06:04 PM