Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

cannon mx310 error 5100

This is a discussion on cannon mx310 error 5100 within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. my all-in-one mx310 printer/fax/copier makes a terrible sound and pulls the paper down way too far. then i get an

Old 06-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

my all-in-one mx310 printer/fax/copier makes a terrible sound and pulls the paper down way too far. then i get an error-check printer 5100 and the yellow light blinks alternatly with the green power light. I downloaded a program clled registry easy for free that scans for registry errors and then you have to pay to let them fix it!!! Any other suggestions?

Old 06-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
I helped the forums.

Send a message via MSN to godspeeed

If its making noise it is definately not a registry/software issue. I would believe it is a misfeeding/carriage/calibration issue. Actually i just checked on google and its a carriage error and you would be looking for something obstructing the way such as a piece of paper or a staple.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Registered Member

I second that, I have fixed a number of Canon Printers with this error, it is a jam in the cleaning mechanism in the carriage system, usually something is caught in there somewhere, or it jams for no good reason. If you can't find anything jamming it, try moving the print carriage over out of the way and moving the cleaning mechanism by hand a few times. I've unstuck most this way, sometimes they just need help to get going again.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
Registered Member

I am looking at the inside and am not sure what the cleaning mechinism is. Could you show me a picture or diagram?
lonestarjenn
Old 05-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
Registered Member

We (husband and I) are also having this problem, however we are unable to determine what the cleaning mechanism looks like or where it is located. Can anyone provide some information on it, or give a screenshot of what it looks like or what to look for ? It would be very greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
Registered Member

An informative article about Error 5100.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:08 AM   #7
Registered Member

It seems to be that there is some hardware problem with your printer due to this it makes noise.