Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Printer Support

cannon mp160 paper feed

This is a discussion on cannon mp160 paper feed within the Printer Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi guys i have a cannon mp160 that wont feed paper correctly. grabes the paper on right side only. i

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi guys i have a cannon mp160 that wont feed paper correctly. grabes the paper on right side only. i have tried cleaning rollers per instructions, any other ideas

Old 04-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My best guess would be that you have glazed rollers on that weak side or you have some gearing issues.
Using a flashlight, you might be able to see the rollers in action as the machine tries to print. If no rollers are turning on the weak side, then it's likely you have a gear problem.

With the front open as if you were going to change ink tanks, take a look around at the gearing for something that might look amiss.

Sometimes dust and/or bits of paper can cause this, esp. if it's a top-feed.
A blast of canned air wouldn't hurt.

If the machine looks OK mechanically, then glazed rollers would be the likely culprit.
There are products such as the following that clean and restore a printer's rollers.
http://www.feedroller.com/Store/prod...dffe6a80c6b1e8

In a pinch, no pun intended (please work safely), one could substitute Windex w/Ammonia-D (or 90+% Isopropyl Alcohol) and a paper coffee filter to scrub the rollers.
A coffee filter is relatively lint-free as opposed to a paper towel or Q-Tip and you will be able to scrub harder with it.
Windex will cut most inkjet ink but it won't rejuvenate rubber like the commercial products will.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Physical paper tray lock
I work in the IT department at a large midwestern state university. We support upwards of 150 network printers in a number of often unstaffed locations (library, computer labs, classrooms, offices, etc). We are experiencing an increasing problem with students taking paper directly out of the...
Iraq n Baq Printer Support 5 10-16-2008 06:38 AM
Hewlett Packard Desk Jet 932C Color problems and problem with picking up paper.
When I am printing it prints some of the colors wrong. This mostly occurs with the certain blues. Also it wouldn't pick up paper. I modified it a little and it is sort of picking up paper. The little ramp in the back will not go up I stuck something under it and pushed the paper in slowly for it to...
willmon18 Printer Support 2 05-24-2006 10:10 AM
Trouble feeding paper with lexmark z600
I keep having trouble getting the paper to feed in my printer. When I put it in and try to print, the paper keeps going in crooked, and it slides towards the right side of the printer, than jams and I either get a message to load paper intot he printer (although the paper is in the printer) or...
Dani257 Printer Support 1 12-05-2005 11:22 AM
Lexmark x85 Paper Jam
My Lexmark x85 has all three lights on and says Paper Jam. This was caused by the paper ejecting and hitting a notebook on my desk. The paper went back into the printer and jammed. I carefully removed the paper and the paper path seems to be clear. However I cannot get the lights to go out. I tried...
BigDave Printer Support 1 10-23-2005 02:39 PM
Canon i960 paper feed problems
I have a Canon i960 that is having paper feed problems. It sometimes stops feeding the paper when it is part the way through a print job. Canon tech support says it is a driver problem, but the driver has been reinstalled several times but the problem still occurs. Ir doesn't happen with every...
physis Printer Support 3 10-18-2005 10:05 PM