Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother printers from hell

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  godspeeed 
#1 ·
im tring to set up a Brother 5250 to be a network printer. i have set the ip sceem on the printer already. but when i to plug it in to my actually network the printer goes back to initializing. can anybody out there help me this.

the other problem is this. same type of printer. this printer is doing fine on the network, everybody can see this printer. but when they try to print to, it keeps giving a paper error. like it's out of paper. we already tried to put a little bit of paper in it, same error. paper tray half full, same error. paper tray completely full, same error. if there is anybody who can help me with this problem. i would appriciate it. thnx

#3 ·
im tring to set up a Brother 5250 to be a network printer. i have set the ip sceem on the printer already. but when i to plug it in to my actually network the printer goes back to initializing. can anybody out there help me this.
Hi,

First, press the GO button 3 times to print a report and see if your IP address shows on that report.

If it doesnt show or you see 196.25 something (APIPA) that means it doesnt reach your DHCP, check your cables, ports, etc.

If it shows, try to ping this IP address from the command prompt in your OS, ex: ping 192.168.1.1

if it replies, drivers issues most likely..

if there is no reply... the printer doesnt seem to get in your network.

Try to reset the printer:

Hold GO, turn the switch off and on while holding GO and then release it, quickly press GO 7 times. try to print the report again and see if you get an IP address and if you can ping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.